During 2012 I came across the Beloved Photography Technique where the origin of the ‘Beloved’ technique is attributed to a Canadian photographer, Jesh de Rox.
What is Beloved?
I truly adore this technique, as I strive to create images of special moments, which my clients will really TREASURE for a lifetime.
Blending the visual beauty of wedding photography with the reality of photojournalism, the appealing technique of Beloved gives me an unpretentious way to invite enjoyable experiences for the bridal couple while capturing stunning and cherished imagery of them.
With a Beloved session it is all about the true connection between the couple. Each image conveys a sincere, genuine and honest interaction between them. Beloved sessions aren’t photo shoots. They’re experiences – I am just nearby to capture it.
Beloved is a style of photography that blends both the art & emotional engagement of the moment. I apply the Beloved technique and fuse it with more classic & romantic style.
The photogenic technique of Beloved assists me in moving beyond the “fake camera smile” to capture the authentic, effortless and beautiful sides of your personalities that you naturally share with your loved one.
Let me explain the concept of the Beloved technique that I apply:
- Beloved does not employ formal posing or a ‘say cheese’ approach. I invite the couple into an experience and then photograph the moments that result from those experiences.
- Beloved is a multi-sensory occurrence.
- Beloved means falling in love all over again.
- Beloved is recalling why you fell in love.
- Beloved is a reawakening of your love.
- Beloved is about removing the distance that builds unwittingly between people.
- Beloved is seeing what has always been and a revealing of what could be.
During a Beloved session your togetherness will be pleasant & enjoyable. You can experience:
A few happy tears
A deep affection for your loved one
Beloved is a hands-on, have fun, feel good, photo-session. It celebrates and explores… showing love, feeling love and being loved.
Beloved is an experience of the heart that gives truth a voice, gives relationships strength, and gives love flight.
I thrive on going beyond just taking pictures of people. I want you to look at those images for years and remember, not only the click of the shutter, but the moments in between.